View Annandale and Eskdale Area Committee (Business) Agenda
Build the Local Economy
- Improve the level of skills within our communities and workforce
- Support our small and medium sized businesses to be established and grow
- Invest in our key infrastructure
- Provide an attractive location to do business
- Develop a diverse economy that creates sustainable, high wage job opportunities
Provide the best start in life for all our Children
- Ensure early intervention, in particular to keep our region's most vulnerable children safe
- Invest in creating schools fit for the 21st century which are at the heart of our communities
- Raise ambition and attainment, in particular to address inequalities
- Support children to be healthy and active
Protect our most vulnerable people
- Tackle the causes and effects of inequality and poverty
- Help older or vulnerable people live healthy and independent lives
- Ensure our older or vulnerable people receive the care and support they need
- Keep our communities safe
Be an inclusive Council
- Ensure that local people and communities are at the heart of our decision making
- Empower our communities to make the most of their assets
- Increase equality of opportunity
- Dates of Meetings in 2017
- 25 Jan,
- 22 Feb,
- 22 Mar
|1.||SEDERUNT AND APOLOGIES|
|2.||DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST|
|3.||MINUTE OF MEETING 22 FEBRUARY 2017
|4.||DIRECTORS SIX MONTHLY ASSESSMENT OF BUSINESS PLAN PERFORMANCE - REPORT BY DIRECTOR,CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE AND LIFELONG LEARNING (CYPLL)
Members are asked to: (1) review the overall summary of performance for CYPLL outlined in Appendix 1; (2) scrutinise the exception reporting in Appendix 2 and consider whether the actions proposed are adequate to improve performance and future monitoring of areas which have not met the target; and (3) review the overall summary of performance for specific Education Cluster outlined at section 3.7 of this report and in Appendix 3.
|5.||HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE - PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT REPORTING FOR AREA COMMITTEE BUSINESS MEETINGS - REPORT BY HEAD OF SOCIAL WORK / CHIEF SOCIAL WORK OFFICER
Members are asked to: (1) review and scrutinise the overall summary of performance outlined in Appendix; (2) consider whether the actions proposed are adequate to improve performance and future monitoring of areas which have not met the target; and recognise the areas of good practice/high performance where the target has been exceeded; and (3) recommend any matters from the Appendix back for consideration by the Integration Joint Board where considered appropriate.
|6.||POLICE SCOTLAND, V DIVISION LOCAL CONCERNS PERFORMANCE REPORT - REPORT BY HEAD OF CIVIC AND LOCAL SERVICES
Members are asked to scrutinise the performance report from Police Scotland, V Division for the Annandale and Eskdale area from 2011/12 to 2016/17, as detailed in the Appendix.
|7.||ANNANDALE & ESKDALE AREA COMMITTEE DISCRETIONARY GRANT BUDGET 2017/18 AND LOCAL ANTI-POVERTY FUND 2017/18 - REPORT BY DIRECTOR COMMUNITIES
Members are asked to: (1) note the funding available for disbursement in 2017/18 as agreed by Dumfries and Galloway Council on 28 February 2017 and set out in paragraphs 3.1 and 3.9; (2) note the Annandale & Eskdale Area Committee Discretionary Grant Criteria contained in Appendix 1; (3) consider the ring-fenced applications in Appendix 2 and summarised in paragraph 3.15 and make awards as appropriate; and (4) consider the scored applications contained in Appendix 3 and the Scoring Panel’s recommendations for awards from:2.4.1 the Local Anti-Poverty Fund as set out in paragraph 3.17.1 ;2.4.2 the Discretionary Grant Budget as set out in paragraph 3.17.2 ; and (5) consider the use of any remaining balances as detailed in paragraph 3.19 and 3.20.
|8.||TRANSFER OF FUNDS TO THE MELBOURNE PARK PLAYING FIELD TRUST - REPORT BY DIRECTOR CORPORATE SERVICES
Members are asked to agree to the transfer funds of £42,000 held by the Council for the benefit of the Melbourne Park Playing Field to the Melbourne Park Playing Field Trust, on condition that they be used in the interests of the Melbourne Park Playing Field.
|9.||ANY OTHER BUSINESS DEEMED URGENT BY THE CHAIRMAN DUE TO THE NEED FOR A DECISION|
Issue Date:- 14 March 2017 at 13:05